Wednesday, November 28, 2012

FO: Daisy stitch headband

Last week, I finished a very quick project using the daisy stitch:


It's another headband! It is composed of 5 rows of daisy stitches, alternating with small strips of stockinette stitch.

This was a very simple project worked back and forth with only a few stitches per row.



Needles: 2.75mm
Yarn: Fingering weight soft acrylic yarn

Cast on 17 sts using the provisional cast on.
Row 1: knit all sts.
Row 2: k1, *[p3tog, yo, p3tog] in same sts, k1* til end of row.
Row 3: knit all sts.
Row 4: k1, p1, k1, *[p3tog, yo, p3tog] in same sts, k1* til 3 sts remain, k1, p1, k1
Row 5: knit all sts.
Row 6: k1, *[p3tog, yo, p3tog] in same sts, k1* til end of row.
Row 7: knit all sts.
Row 8: k1, p1, k1, *[p3tog, yo, p3tog] in same sts, k1* til 3 sts remain, k1, p1, k1
Row 9: knit all sts.
Row 10: k1, *[p3tog, yo, p3tog] in same sts, k1* til end of row.
Row 11: knit all sts
Row 12: k1, purl to the last st, k1
Row 13: knit all sts.

Repeat rows 2-13 until the headband is of the desired length, ending with a right side row. Using the kitchener stitch, sew ends of headband together.


You can make the headband wider if you prefer to, making sure that the number of sts you cast on is in multiples of 4 +1.

Note: You can make and sell projects using this pattern, but please give credit where credit is due. A simple link to my blog would suffice! And if you do make one, please let me know; I'd love to hear from you! :D

And since my photos do not do justice to the pretty daisy stitch, here's a nicer photo from the internet:


Click photo to get to the source.


-
I wasn't able to sew the other night. I'm still feeling a bit woozy from that weird bug I got last week. I do hope I get to finish that dress this weekend though! Wish me strength!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for giving a name to a stitch pattern I've long been admiring! And do get well soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't heard of the star stitch till now, but you're right, they do look very very similar! Thanks for another new piece of information! :)

      Delete
  2. get well soon :)

    that's a very pretty headband :) as for my knitting.. I only know p, k and bo.. p3tog is a nice addition to my knitting vocabulary ehheheehehe matry nga hehehe

    ReplyDelete