Friday, November 2, 2012

FO: Lily of the Valley hat in red!

I finished a hat last night, it was a quick one. I used my Lily of the Valley hat pattern, but with a smaller gauge. This means that I had to add more stitches to the total cast on, and this actually led to having more pattern repeats per round. A good thing!

This is my entry for our Rav group's Christmas Wearable CKAL.

The stitch pattern looks nicer with the smaller gauge, and it worked well with the yarn.

I cast on 120 sts on a 3.75 mm, 16-inch circular needle, using Red Heart 100% Acrylic (ugh, acrylic. You can use any yarn you want though, as long as it's the same gauge!) yarn in red. Gauge was 5.5 sts per inch. And since I cast on 12 sts more than in my original pattern, I had to modify my pattern per round. This is the pattern repeat I used:





















12




\

o


o

\




11




















10





\

o
o

\





9




















8






\

o



o

\
7




















6







\

o


o

\

5




















4








\

o
o

\


3




















2



\

o




o

\



1
2019181716151413121110987654321


Blank square means knit
\  is p2tog
o is yarn over

In this newer version, instead of 22 sts per repeat, I only have 20 now. And 120 divided by 20 = 6, so I knit 6 repeats of this per round, and knit 3 whole patterns before starting the decreases.

Here it is, worn like a regular beanie:



And here it is, worn like a slouchy hat:

Not much slouch to it, eh?

And here it is worn with my hair all up inside:


The photos all look alike! hahaha

Note:
You can make and sell hats using my pattern, but please give credit where credit is due. A simple link to my blog would suffice! Also, please send me photos or any feedback if you have any. I'd love to hear from you! :

No comments:

Post a Comment