I liked the questions she posted for those she tagged, so I'm gonna answer them here. Also, this kind of question-answer thingy reminds me so much of my old blogs and the old Multiply days. Nostalgia!
1. Any amazing discoveries lately?
- I just discovered shadow knitting a couple of weeks ago. Check it out! :)
2. Day of the week you generally look forward to?
3. Love having a routine or hate it?
- I love having a routine, but I don't go crazy when I deviate from it every now and then.
4. What did you want to be when you were younger?
- I wanted to be a marine biologist, a teacher, and according to my kindergarten yearbook, a dentist! (this last one I totally do not remember saying!).
5. One thing that's piqued your interest lately?
- Listening to audiobooks :)
6. Your best subject back in school?
- English. And also Filipino, at one point. In fact, I got selected as one of our section's representatives for a Filipino Quiz Bee back in first year highschool. LOL.
7. Your someday-I-shall project, craft or otherwise?
- One day, I hope to knit a very airy, lacy, epic, white shawl. :) Much like this one:
But with a lighter-weight, fuzzy yarn. Like mohair, maybe.
8. A hobby you thought you'd really get into but didn't?
- When I was a kid, I used to be into a lot of crafts like origami, bracelet braiding, quilling, clay-sculpting, card-making, etc. I thought I'd be doing that all my life, but now I just mostly knit.
I thought I'd get into water-color painting, but never took it seriously. I feel like I really don't have the knack for it. My mom bequeathed to me all her old water-color materials, as well as her old books, so there may be a possibility for it in the future?
9. If you were to be given a block of time to make something, would you choose to make something intricate to wear on a special occasion or something that you're likely to use on a regular basis?
- I'd probably choose to make something intricate to wear on a special occasion. And I'd probably use that thing on a regular basis too, I most likely wouldn't mind that.
10. If you could get a specific yarn/thread as a prize, what would you like it to be?
- I'd like to receive a few skeins of sock-weight wool. :)
11. If you could recommend a book, a TV show, or a film to me, what would it be?
- I know you haven't gone past the first book, but I recommend you continue the A Song of Ice and Fire series :)
C'est tout! I haven't much to say today, except that I am currently trying to decide on what kind of a cardigan I would like to knit for myself. I have new yarn! 3 new skeins of milk cotton, one of which was given to me by Catyanna (thanks again!).
I definitely want to design my own cardigan, since I have a limited amount of yarn. But I'm open to suggestions for inspiration or construction ideas. So far, I know I want a seamless project. :)